By Marc J. Selverstone
A better half to John F. Kennedy offers a finished number of historiographical essays addressing the lifestyles and management of the nation’s thirty fifth president.
- Features unique contributions from best Kennedy scholars
- Reassesses Kennedy, his management, and the period of the recent Frontier
- Reconsiders proper Kennedy scholarship and issues to new avenues of research
- Considers the most important crises confronted through Kennedy, besides household matters together with women’s concerns and civil rights
Read or Download A Companion to John F. Kennedy (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) PDF
Similar world history books
Explores significant political and fiscal alterations of the twentieth century the realm within the 20th Century, 7/e, discusses the foremost political and financial alterations that experience reshaped international relatives. The relevant subject of the ebook is that the main profound transformation of the 20 th century used to be the emergence of geographical regions as opposed to disintegrating empires.
The white mercenaries who attracted the world's recognition within the Congo throughout the early Sixties have been by no means various hundred in quantity. against this, no fewer than one million Swiss troops served as mercenaries within the armies of Europe throughout the previous 500 years. Swiss mercenaries shape an important strand within the rope of eu army historical past, and this e-book attracts on many French and German-language assets to explain how the Swiss emerged from the remoted valleys of the Alps with a brand new approach to struggle.
In December 1606, a hundred and twenty emigrants left London in 3 small vessels. They landed approximately 5 months later in Virginia and based a payment which they known as Jamestown. hence the 1st everlasting English colony was once confirmed in the USA. in the course of the first few years, the colony was once beset via severe difficulty.
Kinder als Überlebende der NS-Verfolgung und als Displaced people nach 1945. Im Mittelpunkt des Jahrbuchs 2017 des overseas Tracing provider stehen Kinder und Heranwachsende als Displaced individuals (DPs). Der Band bietet Einblicke in individuelle und gesellschaftliche Nachwirkungen des Holocaust und der NS-Zwangsarbeit sowie in die Strukturen und Praktiken alliierter Hilfsorganisationen nach 1945.
- Mapping the Renaissance World: The Geographical Imagination in the Age of Discovery
- Britain, Germany and the Battle of the Atlantic: A Comparative Study (Bloomsbury Studies in Military History)
- The Empirical Empire: Spanish Colonial Rule and the Politics of Knowledge
- The Eagle and the Virgin: Nation and Cultural Revolution in Mexico, 1920–1940
- The Atlantic Enlightenment: 0 (Ashgate Series in Nineteenth-Century Transatlantic Studies)
Additional resources for A Companion to John F. Kennedy (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History)
A Companion to John F. Kennedy (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) by Marc J. Selverstone